Eco-Gites of Lenault, a environmentally-friendly gite in Normandy
Built to be kind to the environment
Our aim, when we came to Normandy, was to create a gite that was as ecologically sound as possible.
- The gite is built in a restored old hay barn. It is highly insulated and heated by a wood burner reducing the need for additional heating.
- Firewood is sourced locally.
- Much of the construction used recycled materials and other materials were reclaimed locally.
- High quality furniture was sourced from local Normandy brocantes
- New materials and furnishings were chosen to be sustainable and where possible, local.
- All the appliances are A or A+ rated. We provide guests with eco-friendly cleaning products and re-usable shopping bags.
- There are on-site facilities for recycling and composting.
- We have areas for wildlife on our smallholding including a pond, laid hedges and areas of long grass.
When holidaying in gites you have the flexibility to source your own food. There are several organic food shops in the area as well as markets on most days which sell both local and organic products. Most of the larger supermarkets stock a range of organic foods. Look for products marked Bio or AB (Agriculture Biologique).