Eco-Gites of Lenault has been built to be kind to the environment and our aim, when we came to Normandy, was to create a gite that was as ecologically sound as possible. So.....
- The gite is built in a restored old hay barn.
- It is highly insulated and heated by a wood burner reducing the need for additional heating.
- Firewood is sourced locally.
- Much of the construction used recycled materials and other materials were reclaimed locally.
- High quality furniture was sourced from local Normandy brocantes.
- New materials and furnishings were chosen to be sustainable and where possible, local.
- All the appliances are A or A+ rated.
- We provide guests with eco-friendly cleaning products
- There are re-usable shopping bags for you to use.
- We provide on-site facilities for recycling and composting.
- We have areas for wildlife on our smallholding including a pond, laid hedges and areas of long grass.
- When available you can buy fruit and vegetables from our organic "potager" and "verger" (veg patch and orchard).
When holidaying in gites you have the flexibility to source your own food. There are several organic food shops in the area as well as markets on most days which sell both local and organic products. Most of the larger supermarkets stock a range of organic foods. Look for products marked Bio or AB (Agriculture Biologique).
Normandy is encouraging electric car use and there are charging points in all towns and many villages. The nearest point to Eco-Gites of Lenault is in Saint Pierre la Vieille, 5kms away. It is next to the bakery so grab a cake to enjoy when you are charging up! The image below shows which types can be charged at Saint Pierre la Vieille. This website will give you more details on the local charging points: http://www.mobisdec.fr/#/
You may also be able to charge at the gite but please be aware this will take much longer. We charge a flat rate of 50€ per week if you wish to charge your electric vehicle at the gite.