Eco-Gites of Lenault, a dog-friendly gite in Normandy
Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay at Eco-Gites of Lenault. With miles of footpaths starting right from our back gate Eco-Gites of Lenault is a great place to bring your dog on holiday to Normandy.
We can provide you with local maps and walking trails packs to help you explore the local countryside. If you wish to take your dog to the beach there are some where you can go all year round and the more popular ones allow dogs between October and March. Some restaurants and most bars allow dogs although it is advisable to check first. There are more details on this blog post - Dog-friendly beaches in Normandy.
We accept up to 2 dogs (possibly more by prior arrangement) and charge 20€ per week. (Please note we cannot accommodate puppies under a year of age).
We ask that:
- You bring your dog's own bed(s).
- That dogs do not go on the furniture nor upstairs and we can provide a stair gate if needed.
- You do not leave your dog alone in the gite. We do not feel it is fair to leave a dog alone in an unfamiliar place but we may be able to dog-sit if you want to leave your dog(s) here. Please ask and we'll do our best to help.
- You remember to scoop the poops and place the bagged offerings in the outdoor bin we provide.
- All dogs are up to date with their vaccines and have been treated for fleas and worms. To return to the UK, dogs must be up to date with their rabies jabs or will be refused entry into the UK.
At the gite we have a variety of farm animals including sheep, pigs, cats and free-range poultry and the local fields are home to many herds of cows. We also have 2 of our own dogs who are very friendly.
If you are looking for a firework-free holiday around Nov 5th or New Year we make a good option as we are 2kms from the village and have never seen fireworks let off locally on these dates. The only date you may see fireworks is July 14th, Bastille Day and even then, only in the larger towns.
Do check before travelling with a dog from the UK that you have all the relevant papers and vaccinations. There are more details on this UK Government site. If you are returning to the UK you will need to visit the vet shortly before your return and we are happy to arrange an appointment for you with our local vet who speaks enough English for you to get by if you don't speak French!